Symptoms, indicating that your pet needs the help of an ophthalmologist:
Signs of discomfort, that can be either local (squeezing or rubbing the eyes), or general (animals with glaucoma are usually depressed because of the increased intraocular pressure causing strong pain in the eye and headache)
Changes in the vision – uncertainty while going downstairs, inability to recognize its own toys or see a thrown object and so on.
Every complete ophthalmology checkup is preceded by an application of mydriatic eye drops that dilates the pupil of the eye so that the posterior segments can be examined.
Blood check should be performed before every planned ophthalmological surgery, as well as the ultrasound of the eyeball.
Our ophthalmologist Dr. Maria Savova will answer all your questions; she will perform a checkup and prescribe the necessary therapy only with a scheduled appointment. You can schedule an appointment on the reception in the clinic or at +359 888 870 055.
eterinary ophthalmology is an area , dedicated to diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the eye and the tissues around it
The goal of the treatment is keeping the eyesight, as well as assuring comfort for the eyes of your pet.
Many of the eye diseases can be treated with medications, but sometimes surgical intervention is also necessary. Nova Veterinary Clinic is the only vet clinic in Bulgaria with a complete ophthalmologic center, fully equipped for diagnosis and treatment of all eye diseases. We have a specialized ophthalmology examination room and a surgery room equipped with the latest equipment – a surgical microscope, cataract surgery machine and so on.
The diagnostic and therapeutic services we offer are:
- Complete spectrum of treatments for diseases of the eye globe and the eyelids – eyelid reconstruction in cases of ectropium and entropium, surgical treatment of distichiasis (eyelash that arises from an abnormal spot on the eyelid), abnormalities of the third eyelid (cherry eye);
- Surgical treatment of cataract (phacoemulsification) and insertion of artificial intraocular lenses;
- Filtration surgery for glaucoma treatment (Ahmed glaucoma valve implant);
- Complete range of diagnosis methods i.e. ultrasound, indirect and direct ophthalmoscopy;
- Tonometry (measuring intraocular pressure with a TONOPEN)
- Gonioscopy (diagnosis and monitoring of glaucoma);
- Therapy of cornea diseases, surgical treatment of corneal wounds (using an ACell draft) and other dystrophic disorders;
- Examination (Schirmer test) and treatment of dry eye;
- Sudden blindness;
- Diagnosis of retinal degeneration/dystrophy;
- Microbiological examination of ocular secretion;
- Diagnosis of genetic ocular diseases and treatment of some of them;
- Surgery of the nasolacrimal apparatus (lacrimal punctual stenosis);
- Abscess and neoplasm of the eyelid and eye globe;
- Ophthalmology of exotic animals;
- Ultrasound examination of retinal detachment, lens luxations, and neoplasm;
- Wide spectrum of medications;